Designer: Stevenson Brothers
Designer: Stevenson Brothers
The plains of the Serengeti where massive herds of zebra and wildebeest roam was where the inspiration behind the limited edition rocking zebra. This new design of rocking zebra sits on a windswept aged grey Oak stand and can be accompanied by a herd of Wildebeest running along the base. Made from Tulip wood and fitted to a distressed oak stand, this design is bound to become a new collectible.
Please note that discount codes or offers cannot be used in conjunction with the purchase of this item. Price includes shipping to England only. Please contact us if shipping to Wales or Cornwall.
The Zebra is custom built. Production will take approximately 8 weeks.
This item is non refundable and none returnable.
Please call 020 8780 0025 or email us for more information. firstname.lastname@example.org
- Twin brothers Marc & Tony Stevenson joined forces in 1982 with very clear goals in mind after serving an apprenticeship with their uncle James Bosworthick, the rocking horse man. A shipwright by trade her specialised in making children's toys and was happy to pass on his skills to his nephews.
Quality, integrity and design have been important to them realising their vision of becoming the world's leading rocking horse makers. You can see the moment when a child's imagination takes flight riding on their rocking horse, whether it's galloping through the surf on a beach or jumping over the moon and always back home in time for tea.
- Please note that Stevenson Brothers will only deliver to Main Land UK.
Post & Packaging Cost
England - included in price
Wales and Cornwall - £156.00 including VAT
Scotland & Ireland - Email for a quote email@example.com
- Your zebra has been made from the finest Tulip wood (European Poplar) available. Although the timber has been kiln dried, it will still move slightly as this is the nature of wood.. This movement may appear in the form of joints slightly differing in height and/or hairline surface cracks which open and close depending on moisture in the surrounding air. However, this movement will not affect the strength of your horse and should not be reason for concern. To minimise this movement and to generally keep your horse in good fettle you should note the following-:
- The zebra should occasionally be treated with the light bees wax; this can be applied in a circular motion using a soft cloth and polishing off. Throughout the life of your zebra it will inevitably start to take on a wonderful aged/used look acquiring scratches and knocks, some wax rubbed into these blemishes will help to add to its character.
- The leather will last longer if it’s treated with a leather wax (not soap) once in a while. Avoid waxing the saddle blanket as this is fabricated in suede.
- Keeping it away from sources of heat such as radiators, fan heaters, strong light bulbs, direct sunlight, will help to minimise timber movement and avoid the leather from fading. Avoid using dehumidifiers.
- For those with a safety stand, a drop or two of lubricating oil under the top plates and in the runners where the swinging irons enter, will stop any annoying squeaks and will maintain a smooth rocking motion.